[Dixielandjazz] Bobby Darin's Some of These Days

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 10:20:43 PST 2010

That was no polite snip, Steve..........you repeated my entire message.

Glad you brought up Danny Aiello though,  While I never considered him to be
any challenge to Sinatra or any of the other greats, I always found his
vocal efforts to be rather pleasing.

I read somewhere that he once had a job  calling out bus stops on the public
address system at NY's Port Authority Bus Terminal.

When he had a short-lived TV program entitled "Dellaventura" he'd
occasionally slip in a musical number here and there.  I believe his Bronx
neighbor Dion DiMuci sang the program's opening number though..

Also, in the movie "Once Around" he delivered a rendtion of "Fly Me to the
Moon" that I thought might have rivalled that of Tony B (that's Radio OKOM's
Tony Bucci, not Tony Bennett)

HC