[Dixielandjazz] Bobby Darin's Some of These Days

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 5 10:07:50 PST 2010

>  Harry Callaghan <meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com> wrote (polite snip)
>
> Barb:
>
> I confess to not being aware of Jean Kittrell prior to seeing Beth's
> mention
> of her
>
> However, if you want to learn "Some of These Days" and wish for it
> to be as
> unlike Sophie Tucker's rendition as possible, I might suggest a
> version of it that Bobby Darin did early in his career.
>
> While I do not have the capability of creating an MP3 file to send
> you, it
> is possible that someone else reading this who has Bobby's recording
> might be
> able to do so if you expressed an interest in hearing it.
>
> I sang it "Darin-style" with the Smith Street Society Jazz Band once
> about
> 40 years ago and it really brought the house down.........of course,
> the roof was
> caving in before I climbed onto the bandstand.

Barb, Harry Listmates:

Which Darin version? He did several. For examples see my favorite at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y_sGUXdcrk&feature=related

Or see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZGkuPKcsxA&feature=related

Or for a semi rock a billy version by Danny Aiello (yeah that one) see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciPbODD7fkI&feature=related

Or for Keely Smith with Strings go to: (click on song, then arrow to
left)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/keely-swings-basie-style-with/id137225334

Cheers,
Steve Barbone