[Dixielandjazz] Recording the music

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 15:35:51 PDT 2010

Mine is not to reason why, but not long after I started collecting CDs, a
friend told me that if you were having a problem with one playing, rub the
surface with toothpaste, of course, making sure all residue has been removed
before you put it in your player.

A guy I worked with some years back was walking to work one day and found a
Dean Martin CD lying on the sidwalk,  The playing surface looked like it had
been up and down the streets of  war-torn Baghdad.

Since he was into heavy metal music, he offered it to me.

About 5 or 6 out of the 12 cuts on it would stick.  Gave it the toothpaste
treatment and while it still looks atrocious, plays like new

And, "Look Ma, no cavities".

Go figger

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)