[Dixielandjazz] FW: FW: Hearing the music

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Jun 19 06:36:53 PDT 2010

>I think PC's are here to stay, and there is room for about 280 000
recordings (mp3)....... So I'm gradually transferring my cassettes,
reel-to-reel recordings, CD's, and minidiscs to external hard disks.
Eventually my 78's, vinyls, and acetates will also be so treated.
Bob Smith

As long as you're aware that you are acquiring less audio quality with mp3
than you would have on cd, and I already mentioned that the next step will
be higher yet quality than what we now have on CD.

Having said that, I think maybe you could compare CD to mp3 like comparing
High Definition TV to normal TV.  HD is better, but if you aren't sitting
watching the two at the same time, you will get accustomed to the format you
have and will be equally happy.

By the way, an 8 Gb stick costs about 28 Euros, so I would say that is
considerably cheaper than your minidisk player.

Jim