[Dixielandjazz] FW: Where did it go? & where's music going

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 11:01:19 PDT 2010

Oh, but I believe you might have slightly misconstrued my remark (or perhaps
I should have worded it differently)

There is no doubt in my mind that there is still plenty of good music
around.  My reference to "being subjected to" as it relates to the present
generation is what is crammed down their throats by these huge conglomerates
that may own a majority of radio stations in a city (and I know this is the
case in Houston, TX).

My guess would be that if there is less in the way of jazz clubs here, it is
because owners, if they have to pay a band, naturally want to crowd their
establishment with listeners and possibly dancers.

For young people to come out and hear what is being referred to here as
OKOM, they have to first hear it and know what it is, something that is
considerably lacking in the majority of commercial broadcasting these days.

You touched lightly upon music videos, that is a subject that I wish to
avoid like the plague, so will do so.

Tides,
HC

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)