[Dixielandjazz] Where did it go?

dj outrage djoutrage at freeukisp.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 10:13:16 PDT 2010

Well, just thought I'd add my 2 pence...

I'm 20 years old, and the few people I know that enjoy listening to trad
jazz do like dancing to it. I have plenty of jazz 78s and love dancing to
them, as I do to live bands, and more than I enjoy dancing to techno music
which i listen to a lot of. I don't know if i'm rite here, but i'd say the
"shut up and enjoy it" type of attitude was more toward cool jazz/bop and
all that, rarther than tradititional jazz, but as i said before my age
means I probbably am wrong about this. However I do go to a local jazz
club and the reactions are more pronounced to swing/trad jazz groups than
they are to cool jazz/lattin jazz/what ever, and I'm the youngest there,
so maby the dancing's coming back to ocum?