[Dixielandjazz] Where did it go?

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 09:54:16 PDT 2010

Thank you, Jim.

All this overly analytical BS that has been going on for the past several
days has for me been boring to say the least

However, not being a musician myself, I held back from making any comment.

But now, seeing it coming from a musician, I relate that to "straight from
the horse's mouth", which I find most encouraging.

A coupla days ago, I had an analogy that I thought would have fit, but it
managed to slip my mind (as a lot of things tend to do as the days and years
pass by so quickly)

I have music playing almost constantly in my humble abode and it is all
types.  I think if I had to sit down and pass judgment on the quality of
each selection, each solo, it would most definitely detract from my
enjoyment and to what end.

If I'm listening to a recording from 1939 and don't particularly care for
part of it, I can't very well change it, it's history.  So let's just live
with it and be thankful that we grew up in a time when music was really
music and not just the noise that this present generation must be subjected

Today facetious, perhaps tomorrow sarcastic
Harry Callaghan
"Humidity City, USA.

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)