[Dixielandjazz] FW: Louis Armstrong Quotes was solos

W1AB at aol.com W1AB at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 11:55:56 PDT 2010

Perhaps not all listees received the  e-mail that I did when I joined the
list (see below).

    I haven't been on the list very long,  but I have noted a lot of
terribly unfriendly and downright obnoxious things  said.  Furthermore, I note
that some listees will misquote a post and then  flame in rebuttal to the
misquote that they manufactured.

    Life is too short to be nasty to  others.  Of course, you might live
long enough -- and get smart enough in  your later years -- to regret some of
the things you have said to  others.

Al B

"Have I reached the person to whom I am  speaking?"
                    -- Lily Tomlin (as Geraldine, the telephone operator)

is  unmoderated and uncensored (meaning that any mail you send to the
list goes  to all participants without being reviewed) so please adhere
to the accepted  norm of Email etiquette. If you're new to mailing
lists, this  includes:

* be polite and courteous

* don't flame

* don't  disparage other people's questions

* be forgiving - a lot of folks who  find themselves here are new to
computing, the internet, and electronic  mail

* give folks the latitude to make mistakes - if you correct them,  be
constructive about it - and private

* Humor of course is welcome - using smileys helps to convey the tone of
the message :-)