[Dixielandjazz] Paul Barnes to Pay tribute to Johnny Parker on BBC radio on Saturday

John Petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 16 12:09:53 PDT 2010

Hi folks,
Didn't see my message about Johnny Parker's passing appear on here.
For those who don't know him, he was the pianist on Humph's 1954 hit,
'Bad Penny Blues'.

Just heard from Paul Barnes, he will be paying tribute to John on
Saturday. I quote from his e-mail:
"I've got some good stuff lined up to see him off, including BPB and his
solo turn "Feline Stomp" from the Conway concert. It's also Wally's
birthday this weekend so the show will have a nice chintzy Humphish corner".

Also Ray McKinley's centenary so there'll be some skin-slapping and
cymbal-dinging to make you happy".
The show - 'The Late Paul Barnes', various BBC local stations on
Saturday @23:00 and then on Iplayer.
Show link here:
www.bbc.co.uk/progra...
--