[Dixielandjazz] Si Tu Vois Ma Mere

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 06:53:40 PDT 2010

Well, I'll be dipped............as perhaps well I should.

When you supplied the English translation, I was sure that I had Bechet's
recording of it under that title and sure enough, it turned up on a 45.

But searching even further, I found it under it's original French title, on
a CD of Sidney Bechet's Greatest Hits.

And what should be right beside it but the CD that contains his overdubbed
version of "Sheik of Araby" from 1941

If I ever really get into that back room of mine, who knows what I might
come up with.........the remains of Jimmy Hoffa?

Tides,
HC