[Dixielandjazz] Intermittent video

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 7 14:15:43 PDT 2010

Stan Brager wrote [in part]:
> To the left of the pointer is a somewhat dark line. To the right of the pointer is a line which is a bit lighter in color. This lighter in color tracks how much of the video has been downloaded to your computer.......To resolve the intermittent problem, click on the pause button to allow the internet to download a considerable amount of the video.

Dear Stan,
Yes.
That one works well and has been my solution, and advice, for some time now.
However, it does not work for some videos for a mate's ADSL connection and, impatiently, he usually gives up waiting for the light band to move.
This latest tip, which changes the default setting, does seems to speed up the download, but will need more test results to prove this.
I have broadband cable, so do not have the problem very often.
Very kind regards,
Bill.