[Dixielandjazz] Woody Allen - Part Two

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Fri Jun 4 20:06:32 PDT 2010

In a message dated 6/4/2010 7:33:03 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
greenmeat at mac.com writes:

OK, I've  stayed out of this just too long! Judie, just who are all these
people you are  talking about that says "it's for the money", "because it's
sure not the music  or the fun of it when they toured or play with Woody".

Sorry Eddy and I stand by the opinions of two, in my opinion  very good
musicians who have toured with him and these are their words, not  mine.

As for me, I was a professional when I joined the  Women's Army Corps Band
way back in 1966 I played all the reeds, B  f, contra, bass and alto which
was my best and favorite but had to play the B f  in the Women's Army Corps
Band But have not played for many  years and if you read what I wrote, I in
no way put down  anyone who played with Woody but in fact said I really
tried to just listen to  the good musicians on stage but couldn't over the noise
coming out of his horn  and yes, I will stand by my knowledge of reeds. It
may have been many years ago,  but at one time, I was quite good thank you.
One of the things Woody does is  surround himself with very good musicians
but again, I will ask, if you are or  were so good, would you hire him had he
not been Woody Allen, to play with your  band, after listening to him play?

I still stand by my opinions of the concert I attended and  walked out of.

Jazz Hugs

Judie