[Dixielandjazz] Important book, jazz from 1923 to 1939.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 23 15:31:29 PDT 2010

Glen Page drew our attention to the recently published book "Travelling Blues", which focuses on the
> career of .....top blues accompaniment musician..TOMMY LADNIER. A visit to the web site of the co-authors at www.jazzedit.org will enable you to see excerpts from the book as well as ordering information.

Dear friends,
I wholeheartedly endorse Glen's enthusiastic recommendation.
It is not a coffee table book, but a wonderful, comprehensive, labour of love and meticulous research.
The MP3 CD has every recording Tommy Ladnier made and is a treasure of its own.
Expensive, but value for money, for those of us who really love this early music.
Very kind regards,
Bill.