[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Only remotely OKOM: OTR.

Phil Wilking philwilking at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 15 12:53:52 PDT 2010

Yes it was an excellent radio show, expertly done by the best director and
crew working at the time. Very shortly later, Wells made "Citizen Kane,"
often held up as the best motion picture ever made (I don't know I would go
quite that far).

HOWEVER:

I also have a recording of this show, which was a Halloween production,
repeatedly clearly announced as such. During the commercial breaks the point
was made that it was a dramatic production, and it was clearly explained
after the final scene that it was a Halloween production.

Anyone who believed it to be real was either drunk or stupid or both.

Jazz content: During World War 2, Wells frequently had New Orleans jazz
musicians perform on his radio shows.

Phil Wilking

Those who would exchange freedom for
security deserve neither freedom nor security.