[Dixielandjazz] Drum Solos Reduce Listening ...

macjazz macjazz at comcast.net
Tue Jul 13 15:49:54 PDT 2010

I accept your (not real gracious) response. I do think there are certainly tonal distinctions with set solos, just as I think there are tonal distinctions and even something related to pitch distinctions in rap, above and beyond the "words."

I have totally screwed up everything I've done today (in a very serious manner) and so am willing to accept that I screwed that up too.

Having said that, I do feel that the basic element involved in each case is rhythm.  You can make an excellent case for timbre as well just in passing.

Ignorant or stupid, under the wrong stars in my life right now or whatever, that is how I feel.

I think I do get to say so.

Mart

Martin D. McKay, Designated Listener