[Dixielandjazz] Drum Solos Reduce Listening ...

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 15:18:38 PDT 2010

<<Drum solos reduce listening to RHYTHM. One of the basic elements of
music.
(Melody, Harmony, Form and Timbre are the others, by the  way.)>>

To ignore the tonality of drums, it's very existence, the harmonics, the
overtones, the colors . . . is simply ignorant.

Now, before your temperature rises over the above assertion, note - I did
NOT call you stupid.

Labeling someone as ignorant is not the same as  calling them stupid.
Ignorance is being uneducated on a topic. I am appendicitis  ignorant. If you
asked me to do appendicitis surgery on you, you would be  stupid. Depending on
the subject matter, choosing to remain ignorant is  stupid.

Bill

http://Facebook.com/BillSargentBands

http://Facebook.com/BillSargentDrums

http://Facebook.com/The.Bill.Sargent