[Dixielandjazz] Definitely no okom but music trivia non-the less

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 10:10:16 PDT 2010

Al:

I don't wish to go too far astray and offend those so protective of their
"OKOM" but I loved the HBO movie that Preston starred in with Mary Tyler
Moore.

He played the title character and sang

"There was a man named Michael Finegan,
He had whiskers on his chinegan
Shaved 'em off but they grew back in agin
Poor old Michael Finegan, begin agin

Actually, recited might have been a more appropriate description than  sung.

I thought the number was created for the movie but then sometime later
saw it being sung by a large group in an old '40s Roy Rogers.movie

And while we're at it, who can ever forget Preston ending up in bed with
Alex Karras in "Victor, Victoria"?

I'm exhausted, folks.  Too many e-mails today and particularly too many that
I found to be of interest.  I even forgot to go by the temple this morning.

I make it a practice to go by the temple every Saturday.........then on
Sunday, I go by some churchs, Catholic, Methodist, Lutheran......not in any
of them, just by them.

In the famous words of the late Red Skelton

May God bless.
HC

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)