[Dixielandjazz] Freberg

alevy at alevy.com alevy at alevy.com
Sat Jul 10 08:22:07 PDT 2010

Bill Wrote:<snipped>
Have you ever heard his "Elderly Man River"?
I have it on a cassette tape of some of his radio shows.........
========
Actually the "radio show" was a Capitol studio
recording with an audience. (no real radio show)
The Lp was called "Radio Underground" for people
who don't listen to the radio.
Billy May supplied the music, I've forgotten who
the announcer was. Possibly Harry Von Zell.
==============
A listening must! were the series of commercials
recorded for the 50th or 100th anniversary of
radio "Who listens to radio?"
There's one featuring Sarah Vaughan and another
with U.S. Air Force flying over Lake Erie creating
a giant birthday cake.
Stan was an advertising man. He created 8 great tomatoes
in the itty bitty can, Tonto and The Lone Ranger serving
mini pizzas and tons of others.
Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com