[Dixielandjazz] "Sh-Boom" - Freberg

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 05:41:10 PDT 2010

Believe me, Bill, none of my 45s & 78s, Freberg or otherwise, are as worn
out as yours truly.

I did a 9-stop shopping tour yesterday over about a 4 1/2 hour period and
was plumb worn out.........of course, Houston temperature and humidity are a
strong factor here

"Omaha" doesn't ring a bell with me, but of course I have one 45 where he
was completely serious doing "Ya Got Trouble" and "Gary, Indiana" from
"Music Man"

When I first heard "Trouble" on the air, I was not yet aware that it was
from that musical and I still prefer it over Robert Preston's version.

Then, he also went "straight" on the flip side of one of his earliest
parodies, with something entitled, "Boogie Woogie Banjo Man From Birmingham"
and then there was also "Pass the Udder Udder(over to me Udder Brudder)"

I'd still love to find "Abe Snake For President" recorded during the
Eisenhower/Stevenson campaign in '52 which I might have mentioned eartlier
but I don't know if it was to you on-list or to someone off-list.

Tides,
HC

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)