[Dixielandjazz] "Sh-Boom" - Freberg

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 9 17:26:07 PDT 2010

Harry Callaghan asked:
> Is that CD-set the one that's called "Tip of the Freberg"?

Dear Harry.
No, it's called "Stan Freberg. The Capitol Singles Collection'.
All there neatly in one place.
Unlike your worn-out 78s and 45s, I'll bet.
8>)

> Have you ever heard his "Elderly Man River"?  I have it on a cassette tape of some of his radio shows.........it is truly unique.
The Capitol single of that is on the above Freberg $20 CD set.
I also forgot to mention that the CD set contains the great 2-part "Omaha'.
(I have 2 copies of that 45.)

The CD of his "United States of America" is also in my collection but, being a foriegner, it doesn't have the same impact on me as youse lot up there.
Kind regards,
Bill.