[Dixielandjazz] "Sh-Boom (was Need lead sheet - "Who Are You?")

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 15:25:46 PDT 2010

Bill:

Is that CD-set the one that's called "Tip of the Freberg"?  I was thinking
of buying it
but I have the great majority of the material contained therein on 45s &
78s.and I couldn't
see spending the money to duplicate it.just for the sake of one or two I'm
missing.

I also of course, have on LP his "United States of America" which along with
producer
David Merrick, he at one time attempted to bring to the Broadway.stage. His
book tells of how
Merrick was "driving him up the wall" and he backed out of the deal it to
save his sanity

To the best of my knowledge, he is still alive but I haven't heard anything
of him since he
did some ads maybe in the 90s for Encyclopedia Bittanica.  His son appeared
onscreen and
he just did the voice-over

Have you ever heard his "Elderly Man River"?  I have it on a cassette tape
of some of his radio shows.........it is truly unique.

Tides
Harry.

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)