[Dixielandjazz] "Sh-Boom" - Freberg

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sat Jul 10 08:28:32 PDT 2010

The "Omaha" bit is well explained in Freberg's autobiography, but this
interview goes into it a bit:

http://www.cosmik.com/aa-october99/stan_freberg.html

Basically, "Omaha" was a 7+ minute long Broadway Musical parody that
was actually a commercial for Butternut Coffee. It was done partly as
a ploy to get longer form comedy pieces played on the radio. It is way
over the top!

(I played many of Freberg's works on my show - even did a Billy May
special with a lot of Freberg.)

Dave Richoux