[Dixielandjazz] Teaching Jazz improv to a new band memeber.

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 19:59:43 PDT 2010

Amen to your comment on spending "two hours a day learning the  ART" !
About a year ago I was listening to a jazz professor at a  workshop.  He said
he asked his college students in a credit course to take  home a list of
nursery rhymes, play the melody in one key, then the next,  and the next, etc.
He said almost none of them did the  assignment.

Ginny

In a message dated 7/6/2010 12:29:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time,