[Dixielandjazz] Listening to music

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:27:16 PST 2010

Hi,
As a rule, Jim was right about playing music while doing other things
as opposed to listening.
Still - not always.
Tonight, after all tje guests had gone, I played a Fats Waller LP
while washing dishes.  Suddenly, I noticed nuances in Ring Dem Bells
that I never heard before.  Such things happen, I know, but I've had
that record for forty years (well, almost - only since June 1970), and
I have the number on the complete Fats Waller RCA piano solos (a
double album, which throws in some piano duets as well).  So,
sometimes, doing one's chores has a positive effect on one's ears.
Anyway, Fats is always worth listening.
Cheers