[Dixielandjazz] FW: Stage presence

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Jan 11 05:38:34 PST 2010

To carry on a bit with the thread about taking a course in Stage
Presence....

On two occassions I have mentioned on djml that there is a recent film out
there that will give you a crash course in how to behave on stage, and on
both occassions had no mail back saying "it was great", or "what are you
going on about?".!!!

Shine A Light | The Rolling Stones | Oscar-winning filmmaker Martin Scorsese

Ok!  It's rock & roll.  So what?  Talk about stage presence!  If the Stones
don't have it, nobody does.

You can study Energy, Drive, Showmanship, Musicianship, How to Set your Tune
List, Presentation of guest Artists, How to play your solo, How to Rant, How
to Smoke on stage When it is Illegal to do so......  Oh, the courses just go
on & on.  And, it's all in that film.

Right!  I've tried to insert a bit of humor above, but the real truth is the
film is well-worth watching....even studying.  I realize few of us are going
to stomp around waving our arms on stage, but there is still that ever
present energy to be seen & taken in. If all you get from it is how energy
is the secret to success (assuming the music is good!), then that's great.

So, sign up for the course by checking out this film.

Jim