[Dixielandjazz] FW: Updating the N. O. Brass Bands????

Beth Schweitzer beth at portafortuna.com
Sat Jan 9 11:16:08 PST 2010

I agree with everything you say Jim, but I think you may have
misunderstood me - I didn't mean hope for the future in general but hope
for the future in music. Even though there are lots of younger musicians
playing OKOM or close to it, the crowds tend to still be over 60 in
general. Without an audience, the music will die, at least in public
places that need to make money to survive.

So I'm always thrilled to see or read about younger people enjoying
something close to the type of music I'd like to see around for awhile.
That's all I meant. And by the way, I'm in the minority at our local
jazz events, being under 60 myself.

Cheers,
Beth