[Dixielandjazz] Answering Bob's question

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 4 11:47:49 PST 2010

Bob asked about my statement: "In my 60 years of playing gigs, I've
run across quite a few women who can play professionally."

He remembered that I took a 30 year break between professional gigs.

You are correct Bob, my professional musician career is about 33
years. Roughly between 1949 and 1962, and then again, roughly from
1992 to present and still ticking.

The years between 1962 and 1991 were spent not playing, but with a day
gig. I was, however, listening to jazz all over the world during those
years.

I should have said; " in my 60 years as a jazz fan, which includes 33
years as a professional musician, I've run across quite a few women
who can play professionally."

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband