[Dixielandjazz] Answering Bob's question

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Jan 4 13:39:35 PST 2010

Steve Barbone wrote:

> Bob asked about my statement: "In my 60 years of playing gigs, I've
> run across quite a few women who can play professionally."
>
> He remembered that I took a 30 year break between professional gigs.
>
> You are correct Bob, my professional musician career is about 33
> years. Roughly between 1949 and 1962, and then again, roughly from
> 1992 to present and still ticking.
>
> The years between 1962 and 1991 were spent not playing, but with a day
> gig. I was, however, listening to jazz all over the world during those
> years.
>
> I should have said; " in my 60 years as a jazz fan, which includes 33
> years as a professional musician, I've run across quite a few women
> who can play professionally."

Steve, thanks for clearing that up.  However, I am still a little  confused as on your web site it says:

clarinet
Steve Barbone
50 years of playing jazz first in NYC and European Jazz Clubs, then in the Philadelphia
area.

Best,

--Bob Ringwald

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4743 (20100104) __________