[Dixielandjazz] Goldie Lucas

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 22 14:05:59 PST 2010

Glen Page wrote:
> I suggest that you try to contact Laurie Wright, if he is still with us. He
> wrote the definitive "King Oliver"in which Golden/ Goldie is mentioned 3
> times, without any clue as to gender.

Dear Glen and Bob,
Laurie Wright has been ill for the last few years and I seem to recall (but could be wrong) that he may have moved to France to be closer to his family.
We did not get our usual card/letter from him and Peggie last Christmas.
DJML lurker, Horace Harris, may know more.
Laurie, my friend for many, many years was a 'Luddite', never had a computer and always corresponded by snail mail.
Kind regards,
Bill.