[Dixielandjazz] Bria Skonberg's latest CD

l.swain at comcast.net l.swain at comcast.net
Sat Feb 20 15:52:53 PST 2010

I attended the Great Connecticut Jazz Festival in 2005, where I and many others saw Bria Skonberg (age 21)
perform for the first time.  Her OKOM trumpet-playing and singing won everyone's hearts.

Have purchased a number of her CDs and continue to enjoy her solid OKOM performances, and had the pleasure
of seeing her perform live at the Sherborn Inn outside of Boston within the past year with an OKOM band
that included, and may have been put together by, John Clark, the talented leader of the Wolverine Jazz Band.

The audience was delighted.

So I recently received one of her latest CDs ("fresh"), which I purchased simply because it was one of her latest.

I have never been so disappointed with a purchase.

Her playing and vocal talents are evident, but the style of the music is light years away from OKOM!

Many of the cuts are simply annoying to listen to.

I'll just have to be more thorough in checking out any of her new stuff in future.

You can listen to a number of tracks on the Web. Just google

              bria skonberg fresh

I wonder if any other list members share my feelings about this.

Larry Swain
Backup pianner player of last resort, Boston area.