[Dixielandjazz] Re; Maurice Rose

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Sat Feb 20 15:47:06 PST 2010

Hi Folks,

I think Bill and Gerard have unearthed everything that Maurice recorded for commercial release, Anything else recorded in Scotland will be on private recordings, like the ones I have of him on a BBC broadcast with a band led by trumpeter Lennie Herd, the recordings done at the Black Bull Jazz Club with people like Dick Cary and Wild Bill Davison, and some concert recordings of a band called the Batchelors of Jazz led by trombonist Dave Bachelor. There may other private recordings I don't know about.

Thanks to Bill and Gerard for finding the "official" stuff.

Regards,

Ken Mathieson

www.classicjazzorchestra.org.uk