[Dixielandjazz] Art Van Damme

Hal Vickery hvickery_80 at msn.com
Sat Feb 20 16:13:43 PST 2010

When I was a young kid (pre-school actually) Art Van Damme was a staff musician at WMAQ radio and WNBQ-TV in Chicago.  I can remember his quintet playing fifteen minute musical interludes on TV.  The only time I ever saw him play was in person was at an event in a park in Kankakee, IL that was put together to promote the start of local cable TV operations.

He was an amazing accordionist.  RIP.