[Dixielandjazz] Program Help (Music content) "Web Site Blues"

alevy at alevy.com alevy at alevy.com
Thu Feb 18 10:55:16 PST 2010

Andy is absolutely correct.
First of all I followed his instructions and went to
http://nunzioweb.com/streaming_audio-example.htm
I printed the three pages and it should be a tremendous help.

As for the "plugin needed" in Firefox:
I use both Internet Explorer and Firefox and get the same
results as Andy. From Jim Toro my domain host in NY
=======================================
The "plugin-needed message" is for the end users computer. Many computers
do not have a way to play certain files and will require the user to install
a program if the web page tries to autoload a mp3/mpg/avi/etc....
=======================================
There is a "Help" database on Firefox. Their answers did NOT
resolve anything. I copied a bunch of players into the Firefox/plugin
folder including quicktime. NADA!
I will try the suggestion from http://nunzioweb.com/streaming_audio-example.htm
about making a UNIVERSAL player list.
Perhaps tomorrow you'll hear The Rest Of The Story.
---- Another topic
Anybody ever hear Art Van Damme on the Today Show with Dave Garroway?
or
The afternoon Betty White Show from Chicago with the Art Van Damme
quintet (the house band) In those days we received about 5 hours of programs
on NBC. Early morning was the color test girl.
11:00 pm Fred Robbins (Robbins Nest) spun records.
There was also a great left handed accordian player I used to hear at Birdland.
Also.. On a London Label 78 rpm George Shearing plays accordian.
that's 'nuff
Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com