[Dixielandjazz] Roger Krum Update as of 2/8/10

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Feb 9 07:18:47 PST 2010

>From Roger's daughter:

Today was another good day.  Although a few new issues have presented themselves,

my dad continues to make slow improvements in many critical areas.  His right lung
is beginning to show some improvement in the x-rays and is remaining mostly clear
of fluid.  His liver continues to get stronger and we are all pleasantly surprised
that his kidneys seem to be regaining some function.  His heart is still doing well.

He does still have a fever that seems to hang around 101.  This is due to an infection
that has not been located.  He has had all of his tubing changed and is getting antibiotics
to fight it.  He is also jaundiced now.  His doctor says that this is a lagging effect
of his damaged liver and is not too concerned about it.  He has some discoloration
in some of his toes which we are told is due to micro-clots and is being treated
by giving him blood thinning medication.  He remains on the ventilator which is doing
all of his breathing for him again.  He started to show signs that he is coming out
of the latest dose of sedation drugs.  He opened his eyes a bit to the sound of his
name and is giving the frowny face again when he doesn't like something that is being
done.

We were able to speak to his doctor today which is something that we look forward
to.  He reminded us that my dad's improvement will be a long process "a marathon,
not a sprint" and that he is taking baby steps. He says that he is still very sick,
but that he is getting a little bit better every day and has not had any major setbacks
since early Wednesday morning.  All good things.

Thank you all, again, for your wishes and prayers for my dad and for our family.
We appreciate them more than you can possibly know.

Alison

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
rsr at ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551

Check out our latest recording at www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
--Thomas Jefferson

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4851 (20100209) __________

http://www.eset.com