[Dixielandjazz] Update On Roger Krum

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Feb 8 09:29:14 PST 2010

Roger Krum is the former Exec Director of the Sacramento Jazz Festival and Jubilee and former bass player with the Fulton Street Jazz Band.

Here is a report from his daughter.

Today was the fourth straight day with no setbacks.  When we saw the doctor today,
he said that my dad was "doing great."  The paralytic and sedation drugs have started
to wear off.  He responds to hearing his name by trying to open his eyes.  He is
still on the ventilator but is trying to do some breathing on his own.  He seems
to be irritated by the ventilator and shows it by making a frowny face when he seems
aware of its being in his throat.  His liver and lungs continue to show incremental
improvement.  His kidneys are about the same.
We are all very anxious for him to wake up but understand that it will be a long
process of differing levels of consciousness and awareness.  We were grateful to
see even the frowny face today.
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers.  I keep every one of them to
share with my dad when he wakes up.
Alison

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
rsr at ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551

Check out our latest recording at www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
--Thomas Jefferson

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4849 (20100208) __________

http://www.eset.com