[Dixielandjazz] Hard to Believe, but . . .

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 8 09:21:09 PST 2010

Hello Gordon:

Lots of "Saints Go Marching In" in the post bowl hype around the USA.
Couple of examples below:

 From the NY Times:

"Beer-stained, bead-scattered Bourbon Street was black and gold wall
to wall — the bars on either side were half empty, playing either
“Stand Up and Get Crunk,” the Saints’ current theme song, or the old
standby, 'When the Saints Go Marching In.' "

 From the bride and groom (he was born in New Orleans) at a Mardi Gras
Wedding where Barbone Street performed the day before the game. "Their
song" as they were introduced at the Reception was "The Saints Go
Marching In". And the last song we performed was again, "When The
Saints Go Marching In." while the guests second lined with us around
the room, complete with masks, beads and parasols.

Hi Steve,

It truly was our pleasure to have you play for us.  We received so
many compliments from our guests about you guys.  Everyone wanted to
know where we found you!  Again, thank you so much for pushing through
the weather to get there.  It meant the world to us.  Our mardi gras
wedding could not have been the same without you.  Please feel free to
use us as a reference in the future.

Go SAINTS! Tomorrow, The Saints Go Marching In!

Sincerely,
Kim & Dennis  :)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone