[Dixielandjazz] Scratchy Grooves

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 11 15:00:13 PST 2010

About once a year I post the below site for new members and for those
who forgot about it. It contains mp3s of radio shows broadcast from
the University of Delaware's radio station from 1984 till about 2003.

These shows were once a week and the mp3s of them vary from 60 to 90
minutes. The were hosted by the late Bill  Chambless who had an
enormous collection of OKOM. These shows played his personal records.

The shows were themed, eg. "Love Songs", "World War One Songs", "Songs
of the Depression"
"Radio Ladies of the Thirties", "Money Songs", "Early Bing Crosby",
"Isham Jones", 2 shows devoted to Rodgers and Hart, etc., etc., etc.

Lots of material here (over 200 hours I think) for both fans and trad
bands.

I guarantee that you won't be disappointed at this site, except that
some of the records are scratchy, hence the name:

http://www.scratchygrooves.com/home

Bill was a good friend of mine and Pete Pepke. He would come and hear
my band play at local clubs in the 1990s back when Pete Pepke was on
trombone and Al Smith was on banjo.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband