[Dixielandjazz] Question About "Chelsea on Down?"

Craig Johnson civanj at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 10 15:54:41 PST 2010

I can't remember who gaveme this info and I am quoting from memory.
The composer was Robin Wetherau (do I have his first name correctly?)
Seems on a tour to the New England area (particularly around Boston) and
he was disgusted with the food and declared it was terrible from Chelsea (north of Boston) -- on down,

He composed the song which you cite and used his statement as the title. The reasoning for that
is unknown to me.

Craig Johnson
The Maine Street Paraders