[Dixielandjazz] Seeking Information on "Saloon"

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 1 13:55:50 PST 2010

Thanks, Jim, Janie, Beth, and Steve.  Making progress with this  query.
Armed with info on the music & lyrics I found the lyrics also  on lyrics
playground, giving a copyright of 1919.  There was also a note  that "Ehret"
mentioned in the lyrics was the top-selling beer at the turn  of the century,
produced by German immigrant, George Ehret.  The elder  Busch's might want to
challenge that claim.

Beth, we do plan to be at St. Louis Jazz Club Christmas Party this coming
Sunday as well as Banjo Club Christmas Party tomorrow night.  Plus play
three small private gigs and do a rehearsal with my kids banjo band so  they
can play for the Children's Program at the church where they rehearse --  also
this week-end.  Whew!
Ginny

In a message dated 12/1/2010 12:00:23 P.M. Central Standard Time,