[Dixielandjazz] Cornetist King Fisher

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Thu Aug 26 19:11:34 PDT 2010

Bill Haesler covered King's  Australian career quite well, although he
played first in Brisbane with a group called also (I think) the Riverside JB
or Jazz Group, then went to Perth to join the Riverside Jazz Band, and
travelled to Sydney with that group for the 17th Australian Jazz Convention
in December, 1962. The band stayed on  in Sydney, had a short residency at
the Ling Nam, then broke up and the members moved into other bands.

When he gave up the trumpet he moved to Queensland or northern NSW, playing
guitar and living a somewhat "Hippy" life. So I'm told. However when a
family came along, he moved to South Australia, believing that a better area
to bring up children.

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell