[Dixielandjazz] Cornetist King Fisher

Geoff Power gnjmusic at netspace.net.au
Fri Aug 27 02:58:26 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,

About ten years ago, King Fisher happened to be briefly in Sydney, so a
recording session was organised, with the late Brett Lockyer(clt), who had
been in the original Riverside band from Perth with King, Peter Allen(bjo)
and myself(tuba on this particular session).  Although at the time King had
obviously been doing little or no playing, he was plainly a major talent,
sounding very much like Bix, not through direct quotes but just in general
approach.  I've not heard anything from him since, although some of the old
Riverside guys, like Will Dower, John Bartlett and Barry Bruce may still be
in contact with him.

Kind regards to all

Geoff Power