[Dixielandjazz] Dorothy Dell

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sun Aug 22 03:25:54 PDT 2010

  On 22/08/2010 01:07, Bill Haesler wrote:
> Katie Cavera asked [in part]:
>> ......I'd like to hear a recording of Dorothy Dell singing "Was I?" which is a Chick Endor and Charlie Farrell song she sang in the Ziegfeld Follies of 1931.
> Dear Katie,
> It's also on one of Limerick Jude's CDs.

Please will everyone just stick to trivia till Bude is over? :-)

Katie's question sent me to Melody Maker 1931..... I trawled through the
"gramophone" reviews but didn't find anything about D D

My problem is that I always get side- tracked .... this time it was the
article by Maurice Burman ... Hot Music is it Negroid or Hebrew?  that
caught my eye.  That should keep you going for a while..... now back to
1926.

X  jude