[Dixielandjazz] The Glenn Miller Story, The Film

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri Aug 13 16:09:39 PDT 2010

Zeke Zarchy, the lead trumpet player in Glenn Miller's Army Air Force Band, and Glenn's best friend told me that the only two true  things about the film was:

1.  Glenn Miller played a band and had an orchestra.

2.  Glenn Miller was married.

Most of the rest of the film was bunk.

Zeke was there however when they were playing and the buzz bomb came over.  He said he could see it.

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing
 in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle"
-- Winston Churchill