[Dixielandjazz] Speaking of Great Chick Singers....

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 9 15:32:22 PDT 2010

Harry Callaghan wrote [in part]:
> Don't remember Jo's other two names .......... But, while we're at it, since you remember the two left hands on the album
> cover, do you remember who the blonde was who was supposed to be representative of Darlene?

Dear Harry,
I remember the two names (one has already been revealed).
I also have the 'two left hands' album that, years ago, someone on the DJML claimed there was a version of this LP cover with the hands shown correctly. (Steve Barebone may recall this. Was it the late Bill Gunter?)
However I'm not sure about your reference to "the blonde was who was supposed to be representative of Darlene".
There is no blonde on my 'two left hands' Corinthian LP.
However, there is a blonde dancer on the 'The American Popular Song' LP by the duo.
Last week, during the Mitch Miller thread, I was tempted to mention the RCA LP 'Sing Along With Jonathan And Darlene Edwards' (also with a blonde illustration on the cover and my favourite J&D LP of them all) but hesitated, as we were moving away from the DJML charter. Again.
I'll tell you the fourth pseudonym, if you tell me who the blonde is.
8>)
Kind regards,
Bill (on a cold wet day in Sydney, Australia.)