[Dixielandjazz] SO THAT'S WHAT ALL THE FUSS WAS ABOUT

Rick Campbell ricksax at comcast.net
Sat Aug 7 08:45:21 PDT 2010

Nice comments on Rebecca Kilgore, Dan Barrett. As Portlanders, we have
to travel to the Sacramento Jubilee to hear you in the quartet. Wish
you were all here.

I have a few tips on how your excellent band can catch the popular
music wave and get a major recording contract.

First, turn up the volume to somewhere around 100 dB. You're way too
soft and mellow for today's younger audiences.

Second, encourage Becky to appear in skimpy lingerie. Not only on
stage, but also in public at baseball games. This works for Lady Gaga.

Third, Becky needs tatoos. Lots of them. Maybe purple spiked hair,
too. Or a shaved head. You get the idea.

Fourth, you really need to add a drummer with a large kit. Mic him and
turn him up.

Finally, you need to add some songs about the rain forest, war, and
killing cops. Contemporary themes.

I think if you just make these updates, you can also capture the
younger pop audiences ;-)

Rick Campbell
Milneburg Jazz Band
Portland, Oregon USA