[Dixielandjazz] Jim Petri

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 14:06:19 PDT 2010

Hi Marek,

Jim Petrie is still to the fore and playing in Edinburgh with the Diplomats
of Jazz.  He is indeed a fine 1920s-style small-group trumpeter and has a
fantastic repertoire of classic material. I also agree with you that he
leaves most other UK trumpeters of that idiom at the post. But then the UK
scene has always been heavily slanted towards the London scene to the
exclusion of many fine players who happen to live elsewhere.

Cheers,

Ken Mathieson