[Dixielandjazz] Lyrics to Georgia Cabin

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 20 22:23:54 PDT 2010

Stan McDonald provided the lyrics and wrote:
> I can hardly keep up with DJML, and maybe this question has been answered, but here is what I have. Ref: Nagel Heyer. CD028. "Bob Wilber's Bechet Legacy." Mark Shane, Vocal.  That and the following are what I wrote in my own notebook some years ago, but I don't recall even hearing this sung and am too busy to check it out. I play it from time to time, but have never tried the vocal.

Dear Stan,
Thank you for the lyrics.
Here are the details of the CD you cite, in case other DJMLers are interested:

'The Hamburg Concert - Tribute To A Legend'  Nagel-Heyer CD028
Bob Wilber's Bechet Legacy:
Randy Sandke (t) Bob Wilber (sop/cl) Mark Shane (p/vcl) Dave Cliff (g) Dave Green (b) Butch Miles (d) Pug Horton (vcl)
Live "Musikhalle", Hamburg, Germany, October 22, 1995
    Down in Honky Tonk Town
    Promenade Aux Champs-Elysees
    Oh Daddy
    Miss Jennie's Ball
    Egyptian Fantasy
    Quincy Street Stomp
    Georgia Cabin (ms vcl)
    I Had It But It's All Gone Now
    Maryland, My Maryland
    Si tu vois ma mere
    Dans Le Rue d'Antibes
    Premier Bal
    Reverie
    Chloe [Song of the Swamp]
    Petite Fleur
    After You've Gone

And thank you to Phil Wilking for the Anderson lead sheet.
Now all we need to hear, for interest sake, is the 1939 Bechet rendition with the vocal.
Very kind regards,
Bill.