[Dixielandjazz] Lyrics to Georgia Cabin

Stan McDonald stanmm at comcast.net
Tue Apr 20 21:45:11 PDT 2010

I can hardly keep up with DJML, and maybe this question has been answered, but here is what I have. Ref: Nagel Heyer. CD028. "Bob Wilber's Bechet Legacy." Mark Shane, Vocal.  That and the following are what I wrote in my own notebook some years ago, but I don't recall even hearing this sung and am too busy to check it out. I play it from time to time, but have never tried the vocal.

"Let me tell you a story about a land of dreams, where they weave love's magic from pale moonbeams;
Yes, I found a place, it's paradise it seems; talking about my Georgia cabin.
In the cool of the evening at the twilight's end, there's a road that takes us just around the bend;
I can hear it calling me, return again, to my little Georgia cabin."

"The pine trees whisper to the stars at night; shadows flicker from the campfire light.
We must be standing front of Heaven's door.
Come on, Honey, what you waiting for?"

"Take me there, where rivers run down to the sea, to the place where we can feel our hearts are free;
and it's waiting, baby, just for you and me, in my little Georgia cabin."

This is all I have. Treat It Gentle.

Stan McDonald
www.bluehorizonjazzband.com