[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Giants (was One-Eyed Bill ~ Mezz ~ Hucklebuck)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 15 03:18:53 PDT 2010

> The long tracks found on the Jazz Giants lp were more my liking.

Dear Richard,
There are no long tracks on my Biograph 'Jazz Giants' LP.
Wild Bill Davison (c) Benny Morton (tb) Herb Hall (cl) Claude Hopkins (p) Arvell Shaw (sb) Buzzy Drootin (d)
Recorded in Toronto, Canada on 27 & 29 March 1968.

> For those do not know of them it features Lester Young, Roy Eldridge, Teddy Wison, Vic Dickenson.

Oh.
That 'Jazz Giants - 56' Verve LP.
Never heard it.
My Lester collection stops in the late 1940s.
How's that for being a one-eyed mouldy fig?
*>)
Very kind regards,
Bill.