[Dixielandjazz] One-Eyed Bill ~ Mezz ~ Hucklebuck

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 15 01:08:21 PDT 2010

Good Morning Bill,

One-Eyed Bill, maybe, but Two-Eared for sure. Picked up Bud Scott on banjo, not Bill Johnson, on Oliver's Creole Band's first session.

Mezzrow - 'very competent' - adequate would be my description Bill - very adequate?.

I too Bill found the Buck Jam Sessions pass me by ~ I'll have to re-listen too.

The long tracks found on the Jazz Giants lp were more my liking.
For those do not know of them it features Lester Young, Roy Eldridge, Teddy Wison, Vic Dickenson ~ Jazz at it's very best.

Two-Eared? Just a thought Bill, but what if your are One-eared as well.

Bill Van Gogh?

Richard